Friday, August 3, 2012

Call me if ya need me!

As I walked out of the house this morning, I called out my usual 'Call me if ya need me!  Try not to need me!' My kids usually giggle or roll their eyes because, obviously, they are way too mature to need their mother.  Unless of course they actually end up *needing* their mother.

Recently that has been altogether too often, and for the worst reasons!  Over the past six weeks, we've spent 3 Fridays and nearly every weekend patronizing the local Labor & Delivery department.  This is in addition to her twice-a-week visits for non-stress testing, once-a-week visits for birthing classes, and a few extra during-the-week visits thrown in for good measure. I'm tired, my daughter's tired.  Thankfully, she's been checked, double checked and given the 'thumbs up' to head home....and continue her prescription for bed rest and boredom.

Evil mother that I am, every time we hop back in the car, heading to the hospital for another bout of unrelenting contractions, spotting, and dull lower-back pain, with a twinkle in my eye I tell her, only half sarcastically, "This is what happens when you have sex!"  And she rolls her eyes again.

We've still got about 7 weeks left. This weekend, I just hope we can stay home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment